Paddy Power Internet Casino and Sportsbook in Review
Ireland-based casino and sportsbook, Paddy Power is one of the most established brands in the European gambling industry – both online and off. Originally land-based, the company was born way back in 1988, out of a merger between three other companies, and initially owned only a handful of betting shops in Britain.
In 2000, Paddy Power entered the burgeoning online betting sphere with paddypower.com and expanded to include an e-gaming section in 2004 before going mobile in 2010.
Gaming Selection and Sportsbook Markets
The Paddy Power site is ideal for players who like to do all of their gambling in one place. It is very easy to navigate between the various sections of the Paddy Power site, which are conveniently accessible via tabs that appear at the top of the screen at all times:
- Sports: The main sportsbook section, which focuses primarily on horse racing but also features numerous other options, including football, golf, snooker, American football, tennis, snooker, cricket, and even novelty bets on items like Celebrity Big Brother.
- In-Play Betting: Live Paddy Power betting on sporting events as they take place. The “Watch Live” tab allows players to stream the live events to their PCs or mobile devices.
- Virtuals: Wagering on computer-generated fantasy leagues and games for a broad spectrum of sports.
- Poker: Online poker games and tournaments via software download and featuring a useful “Poker School” tab.
- Casino: A wide range of table games and slots by leading software developer, Playtech. Table games include roulette, blackjack and video poker, among others. There is also a “Leisure” section, which offers scratch games and keno and links to the site’s various bingo options.
- Live Casino: Players get to interact with a live dealer via streaming video as they play their favourite table games.
- Games: Another way to access the site’s slots, which include popular hits like Spinner takes All, Lobstermania, Rainbow Riches, and Mayan Mystery.
- Lotteries: Paddy Power’s selection of local and international lotteries.
- Bingo: A page that links to paddypowerbing.com.
- Vegas: A Vegas-style mobile casino, with a suite of only 19 games, designed specifically for the iPad and iPhone interfaces.
- Mobile: A page from which users can download all the available Paddy Power apps, including PP Messenger, for both mobile and PC.
Cash Back: The Perks of Paddy Power
The sportsbook rewards new players with a fairly large free bet for making their first deposit. An online casino UK, meanwhile, presents new recruits with a bit of extra cash to boost their bankrolls.
But what Paddy Power is famous for is its cash-back system, which allows players to get cash back by accumulating points with the site.
How Paddy Power Protects its Players
Paddy Power is licensed by the UK Gambling Regulation Act of 2001 and is regulated by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Committee. The site also submits to regular independent audits by Technical Systems Testing and eCogra.
Its 24/7 customer support services include live chat, telephone, email, and even fax.
Paddy Power Payments and Withdrawals
Paddy Power players have a number of options available to them when making deposits and withdrawals. These include wire transfers, cheque payments, third-party payments, and EFTs, and can be made in Euros and British pounds sterling only.